- I recently purchased a copy of Charles Guyette: Godfather of American Fetish Art, by Richard Perez Seves. Guyette was possibly the first American kink entrepreneur, beginning in the 1930s selling “theatrical footwear” and branching out into fetish photography. He influenced the careers of John Willie, the Klaws, Leonard Burtmann, and others. The book is full of vintage fetish photography, reproduced art, and a short biography of Guyette.
- In light of the resurgence of fascism and white supremacism in the US, Vox published a short essay on the sexual appeal of fascists.
- Rolling Stone examines the changing leather scene at International Mister Leather.
- Review of the biopic of the classic gay fetish artist Tom of Finland.
- Obituary of the late Chuch Renslow, gay male fetish entrepreneur.
- Essay on the history of nuns in pornography.