- On June 29th, 2017, Chuck Renslow passed on. He was a major figure in the mid- to late- 20th century gay kink world. Among other things, he founded International Mister Leather, the Gold Coast leather bar, and many gay physique and leather magazines. Here’s an hour-long talk with him, courtesy of the Leather Archives & Museum.
- A history of the Dore Alley leather street fair
- Rodney Burger’s editorial on “I am not hanging up my leather in your closet“
- History of the lesbian magazine On Our Backs, which also dealt with lesbian kink
- The impact of Tindr-like contact apps on the Scene
- The “Masochist’s Lib” editorial by Terry Kolb, co-founder of TES, published in the Village Voice in 1971, after the newspaper refused to run ads for TES.
- Professor Marston and the Wonder Women is a upcoming drama film about the creator of Wonder Woman, the two women he lived with, and their lesbian and BDSM relationships, in the 1930s and 1940s.