- The Splinter blog has an essay on the particular problems of black people being into BDSM.
- NYC’s Museum of Sex will have a retrospective on the 50-year career of Japanese erotica and bondage photographer Nobuyoshi Araki.
- MEL Magazine has an essay on neo-Nazi porn.
- Gloria Brame writes about the recent coverage of a serial killer preying on the BDSM scene in the TV series Web of Lies. “…arguably the single biggest danger in the BDSM Community are non-BDSMers who prey on us. They don’t share our values, they don’t believe in consent, they exploit us because they think submissive people are easy marks. They are not us. They never will be. The minute you violate the concept of mutual consent and safety, you are not a BDSMer, just a morally bankrupt predator or a straight-up violent sadist.”
- Academia.edu has a paper (in French, alas for me) about the historiography of BDSM and particularly Michel Foucault’s view of gay BDSM as subversive.
- A profile of Australian musician, practicing sadomasochist, and noted eccentric (and raving racist) Percy Grainger.